Friday, December 5, 2014

Forget me not



“I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands” (Isaiah 49:15–16).

Perhaps the fury of whatever storm you’re facing dims God’s voice and blurs his presence. You might ask, “God, have you forgotten me?” How can he be present in the midst of your turmoil? But regardless of the storm’s intensity, you remain in the forefront of God’s thoughts. He’s thinking of you, sustaining you, comforting you, giving you strength. He doesn’t mentally check out. Whatever challenge you’re facing isn’t the worst thing that could happen to you. The worst that could happen would be for God to forget about you.
But he hasn’t yet, and he never will.

To Take Away

  • Do you find it hard to accept that God knows your needs and cares for you to the extent that you’re always on his mind? Why?
  • What events in your life have caused you to ask, “God, have you forgotten me?”
  • How can you foster a deeper and more constant trust in the reality that God is always present with you?
Excerpt from NIV Men's Devotional

No comments: